If you have dangerous goods as a consignment and the carriage of those goods including sea freight (container or RO-RO) you have to provide a dangerous goods note (DGN) for the shipping company. This docket provides the necessary information for stowage, segregation, emergency, etc.
Let’s see how to fill.
- The exporter is you and your company
- Transport Document Number—Any other docket no. like delivery note etc.
- Shipper’s reference—your own reference number
- Carrier—The shipping company
- Consignee—Name and address of the consignee
- Customs reference/status—export outside the EU. Custom reference or custom docket no.
- Fright forwarder—The name of the logistics company if applicable
- Ship’s name and voyage number—you can get this information from the shipping company
- Port of loading—For example Dublin port, you can get this information from the shipping company
- Port of discharge—for example, Antwerp, you can get this information from the shipping company
- Destination—Country of destination (NL, USA, UAE, etc.)
- Additional information—Usually emergency phone no. goes here(filled already)
- Declaration—You take the responsibility here, everything was done according to regulations
- Nature and quantity of goods—You have to put the quantity the net and gross weight here and all descriptions what you want. Do not forget the total weight, the proper shipping name (PSN), and the Emergency Response Prosedures Code (EmS Guide) For example
- Cargo : UN 1339 PHOSPHORUS HEPTASULPHIDE Class 4.1
- Stowage: Category B (On or Under Deck)
- EmS : F-G, S-G
15. Container/vehicle is packing certificate-important You have to declare the goods packed and the container loaded accordance with IMDG regulations. Competent staff member has to sign it
16.Terminal receipt about goods received
17.Container no. or reg
19.Container/ vehicle Size– 20 40 or 45-foot container or size of the vehicle
20.Haulier’s name—transport company has to fill it who takes the container to the port
21.You and your company details and signature
If you have any further question come and join our closed facebook group and enjoy all the benefits. “Transportinfo. Experts in the Transport Industry” Join today.